Instyle are offering educational and CPD talks on the critical areas of room acoustics to all architects and commercial interior designers
These invaluable presentations are in three formats:
- 1 hr CPD Presentation (1 formal CPD point)
- 1.5 hrs CPD Presentation (1.5 formal CPD points)
- 45 min for commercial designers
Attendees will learn how to evaluate product performance and understand what works in commercial interiors, they will also gain critical knowledge on:
- The basic physics of acoustics
- Noise, sound and human reactions
- Reverberation control via sound absorption
- Reverberation control via sound diffusion and scattering
- Critical speech ranges including addressing the difficult to control low and mid-range sound frequencies
- NRC and its limitations
- Room acoustics and design considerations for schools, offices, multipurpose halls, public enclosed spaces and hospitality
Held at your practice, the presentations are free and a complimentary breakfast, lunch or morning/ afternoon tea is provided for all attendees.
“We found the CPD session on Room Acoustics offered by Instyle to be very engaging and informative. It offers a clear introduction to the mechanics which drive our auditory experience within a space along with options for how to harness those mechanics for a positive design outcome.
Thank you Malcolm for sharing your fountain of knowledge with us and feeding our curiosity! ”
“The CPD seminar presented by Malcom was a great way to expand and develop professional knowledge surrounding acoustics.
Overall, the presentation was logical, and maintained convenience through learning about acoustics generally and holistically within different environments or settings.
The delivery was engaging, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussions, shedding light on acoustic importance to be addressed within design.”
“Malcolm presented Instyle’s acoustic Designers Educational Presentation to the IA Group Australia wide.
The group found the presentation extremely informative and useful in understanding the technical aspects of room acoustics and importantly how this relates practically to the design of interiors using this valuable knowledge – with one of the many responses below –
Thank you very much for organising a truly interesting and informative presentation. I think we can all take something away from that one.”
Malcolm McBlain has over 30 years expertise on room acoustics, focusing on interior sound quality and systems that control reverberation in modern interior design. Malcolm is an approved AIA Refuel CPD presenter.